WE ARE REPLACING OUR ROOF...AND WE NEED YOU!
In February it will be 22 years since God opened the door for us to feed and minister to the hungry, homeless, and hurting. Long ago, to keep rent low, we agreed to take care of the building. Now it is time to replace the roof. We've had estimates ranging from $7,300 to $30,000 (you read that right). It's been a few months and we have only been able to raise a bit over $1500. As we continue to solicit donations, we ask for your prayers...and we ask you to SHARE! Share our need with your partners and share our Facebook posts.
HOW CAN YOU PLUG IN?
We have so many wonderful ways you can plug in with us!
- MENTORS are needed. What happens when new Christians walk out the door? They need a partner then more than ever. Please email us if you are willing to walk with a new christian as a mentor.
- Blankets, socks, hats, and gloves!! These items save lives in cold weather.
- Blessing Bags: We are always collecting gallon bags containing snacks (high protein), deoderant, Kleenex, soap, shampoo, conditioner, tooth paste, tooth brush, and sanitary napkins.
- The food pantry and clothes closet is open after 5 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. We need continuous donations of non-perishable food items and clothing.
- November 20th @ 6pm - Thanksgiving bags will be given out at our Thanksgiving program
- December 15th @ 6pm - Christmas toys will be given out for ages 2 - 14 years old
WE'RE LOOKING FOR PARTNERS! HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We have a mission to serve the homeless with compassion, feed their physical hunger with a meal, and their spiritual hunger through sharing the Word of God. We do this without discrimination. Consider partnering with us on a recurring basis. Our contact information is listed below. Join our Facebook page and SHARE, SHARE, SHARE! https://www.facebook.com/GSMCompassion/
GET YOUR YOUTH INVOLVED...
Are you looking for a way to get your youth involved in the community and ministry? Help them organize a fundraiser or provide a meal one evening at our facility. Blessing Bags and collections for blankets, bags, gloves, and hats are perfect activities for youth groups. Teach them project management skills, organizational skills, leadership skills, and compassion with quarterly compassion projects.
P.O. Box 853
Gastonia, NC 28053
416 W. Main Ave
Gastonia, NC 28052